You are visitor #
Web Site Hit Counter
Blue Roses
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southern Louisiana, United States

Proud U.S. Citizen. Proud Military Supporter. Politically moderate-minded.

Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Terror Alert Level

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Sing it, Carrie!

This song is so freakin' awesome!


I haven't heard from them yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before "They Who Take Everything Way Too Seriously" attack the song, claiming it promotes violence, vandalism, revenge, hate, or whatever whacked-out, overblown reaction THEY feel compelled to force upon those of US who can actually think for ourselves.
You see, WE understand that this is just a SONG. Like many songs, it appeals to the emotions of the listener. That is what makes music so universal...who hasn't heard a song they feel could have been written specifically FOR them? I'll admit it, there was a time (many, many years ago,) when I FELT every word of this song. If it had been around back then, it wouldn't have provoked me to act out the lyrics (because I'm not INSANE!) However, just knowing someone MUST have been through it to write it would have been comforting. We all need to know we're not alone in our pain...and that, even though it may seem impossible, someday we WILL get over it. I would have sung this song at the top of my lungs...and after a few hundred replays, I probably would have felt just a little better.